As part of our Detox programme Bionad offers Executive accommodation right in the heart of the medical Area of London Harley St. Patients are welcome to bring a family member. The Unique Bionad alcohol detox program is the only program in Europe to offer the following benefits at such a short duration.
- Eliminate Psychological craving
- Clarity and Mental Focus
- Cardiovascular and Liver Benefits
- Affordable Cost
- The unique Bionad protocol includes medical examination with one of our Bionad Doctors
- Lab work and Blood test is required
- Five days of intravenous infusion of NAD+ coenzyme
- Glutathione IV Infusion
- High potency pabrinex, vitamins B & C IV infusion
Patients who experience the Bionad detox program have the opportunity to participate in other therapies
- Scientifically proven HRV heart rate variability biofeedback program.
- Acupuncture with an leading expert
- Neurobiology education by leading addiction doctors and addictionologist
- Introduction to the 12 step programs
- Talking therapy with a leading expert in her field
- Nutritional advice and support
- On-going follow up and support
Is there an alternative to standard de-toxification protocols for alcohol addiction?
The rates of relapse for people with alcohol addiction remain abysmal. All too often conventional therapies fail. Many people strive manfully to overcome the powerful urge to use and sadly many return to rehab clinics time and time again.
Standard withdrawal protocols rely on the gradual withdrawal of benzodiazepines to ameliorate unless pleasant symptoms and the risk of seizures. The principle behind this is that benzodiazepines, like alcohol, enhance the effects of the calming neurotransmitter GABA which counterbalances the excitatory effects of the excitatory neurotransmitter Glutamate. Excess Glutamate is directly neurotoxic and causes damage within neuronal cells leading ultimately to cell death. It is, however, apparent from recent scientific studies that up-regulation of Glutamate receptors continues for many months after withdrawal. This renders the person anxious and unable to deal with stress resulting in almost certain relapse. Furthermore this increase of glutamate effects can contribute to reduction in brain function.
These neuro-excitatory effects of glutamate can be reduced by infusions of NAD+. It is known that depletion of NAD occurs as a result of increased cellular repair and that the conversion of L-tryptophan to NAD+ via the kynurenine pathway causes the release of excitatory chemicals which release glutamate. NAD+ infusions will replenish levels taking the pressure off the K-P pathway and reducing excitotoxicity and resultant stress and anxiety.
NAD+ provides a safe, innovative, scientifically-verified treatment for alcohol addiction. Withdrawal symptoms are dramatically eased, the risk of seizure minimised and more importantly long-term relief from craving and restoration of brain function will be facilitated.