John Gillen founder of Bionad clinics has been part of the development team of this exciting new and exclusive LLLT device made in the UK .
(The laser 4 life) device is a wellness device and not a medical device; no medical claims can therefore be made.It uses red (660nm) and green (540nm) laser light, which is applied on and through the skin. The laser light targets skin and nerve cells (red & green laser) and blood cells (capillary and vein blood). On the basis of scientific studies that have shown the efficiency of intravenous and transcutaneous laser light on improving medical conditions associated with ageing and fatigue, we have developed this non-invasive wellness device to assist health promotion in the following areas
- Enhancement of the effect of NAD+ treatment
- Raised Nad/Nadh ratio Stressed cells have a very low NAD+/NADH ratio. That indicates they aren’t using oxygen to grab the excess of electrons, like a normal cell does.
- Improvement of fatigue and exhaustion
- Balancing of autonomic nervous system function
- Fight/flight vs freeze/flop, strain vs regeneration
- Reduction of the negative impact of stress
- Support for a healthy ageing process
- Performance enhancement (mental & physical)
Here follows a summary of effects of systemic phototherapy, that may contribute towards aiding health ageing:
- Proliferation of immune cells and increased function of immune cells, contributing towards reduction of chronic inflammation
- Increased collagen formation and protein biosynthesis contributing towards better tissue regeneration
- Improved cell respiration and stabilisation of membrane potential
- Increased energy metabolism by increasing ATP production (up to 150%) via activation of cytochrome-c-oxidase - leading to increased cellular reproduction
- Reduction of inflammatory cytokines interleukin 1 (IL-1)
- Increased prostaglandin synthesis (PG12), which leads to vasodilation and anti- inflammatory effects
- Improved biogenesis (regeneration of capillaries), microcirculation and perfusion
- Decrease of other inflammation markers such as c-reactive protein.
- NO homoeostasis (restoring age related reduction of NO)
- Increase in heart rate variability (healthy ageing, increased flexibility and adaptability)
- Increased parasympathetic and reduces sympathetic activity (healthy ageing, recovery)